Self-drive rules in Kyrgyzstan
We are glad to see you in Kyrgyzstan and suggest to recognize certain self-drive rules necessary to be known by local residents and guests of the country. We outlined main rules listed below:
- For starting a tour in Kyrgyzstan by your own it is recommended to book a car beforehand as in this case you will have a wider choice of cars. The very season of tours in Kyrgyzstan starts on June, 20 and lasts till September, 20.
- For driving a car in Kyrgyzstan you should be already 18 years old but up to 64 years old.
- In order to rent a car it is necessary to make a payment in national currency - KGS, dollars and euros.
- Before starting for a tour in Kyrgyzstan there will be organized car insurance. The price of insurance is included in price of rent. You are obliged to pay a deposit in amount of 400$ for repair of the car in case of an accident. The other amount of money will be paid for an insurance company that does not cover windows, destroyed tires, interior, roof, bottom of the car damages.
- Driving in Kyrgyzstan it is recommended to follow mileage limit of 300km in a day, or you will pay 0.3 $ for every extra km. Along with this limit you must follow territorial limits of Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Driving out of Kyrgyzstan it is necessary to pay additional local price of insurance in amount of 50$ per every new tour.
- All residents and guests follow traffic rules of Kyrgyzstan: you must drive with no alcohol in blood, you must let pedestrians their way, you must follow speed limits of 40-60 km/h and 90 km/h between villages. Driving between villages in Kyrgyzstan you must turn headlights on.
- Sometimes car accidents happen and if you turned out to be in such a situation, you must inform the police, our company, remember all details and names. Also take care of witnesses
- Starting your travel tour in Kyrgyzstan you are given a certain amount of fuel and you must return a rented car with a certain amount of fuel. In case you failed to return the car with that fuel, you will pay for it according to the price-list.
Travelling in Kyrgyzstan you have an opportunity to get to know the country closer than ever. Starting a tour in Kyrgyzstan on a rented car follow rules mentioned and you will have a great holiday of unforgettable emotions. Contact our managers for them to organize your tour. We are glad to recommend you to visit our website and find extra details about Kyrgyzstan and tours in the country. As we have already mentioned it is advised to reserve everything in advance to get the best options and tours in Kyrgyzstan.