Self-drive rules are list of rules, if you decide to take tours in Kyrgyzstan by yourself and make them safe. It is one of the best travel tips if you like to be alone with nature. Being in Kyrgyzstan you may encounter some issues. In order to avoid troubles of renting car you have to follow the next procedures and rules:
- The best way to rent a car is to reserve it in advance. You will be provided with a large selection of cars according to your taste preferences and budget. Furthermore, you can choose a convenient date that will approach to your tour in Kyrgyzstan. You have to take into account that from 20 June till 20 September is the high season for taking tours in Kyrgyzstan, but if you set aside the rental issue for later, otherwise cars will not be available at that time.
- Age preferences of driver must be more than 18 years old and less than 64 years.
- Payment has to be made in dollars, euros or soms.
- The rental price of your tour in Kyrgyzstan also includes car insurance. When you travel in Kyrgyzstan on the means of car rent, you get a car you should make a deposit of 400 $; if the car is in a same condition at the moment of rent then the fixed amount of deposit will be returned back to you. If the car is accidentally damaged or fully destroyed, it may happen during car accident, any illegal actions by third parties or due to force majeure circumstances, then the maximum price will be taken from your deposit and the rest paid by an insurance company. Please note: insurance does not cover damages of windows, destroyed tires, interior, roof and bottom of the car.
- There is a mileage limit: 300 km a day. Using the transport over fixed limit, you must pay at the rate of 0.3 $ for every extra km.
- Territorial limit include the next travel tours: Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. If you decide to drive out of Kyrgyzstan, then you are going to face with an additional charge for local insurance and pay 50 $ per tour staying in other countries. In this case you don't need to provide additional documents.
- When you travel in Kyrgyzstan, you must follow the traffic rules, as well as when you are driving in a foreign country. It is prohibited to drive a car in a state of alcoholic intoxication, otherwise you will get fine and lose driver's license. We strongly recommend you to take this into account before your tour in Kyrgyzstan. The legal blood-alcohol must be at the zero level. Using a car, you always have to give a way to pedestrians. The speed limits should be followed. During your tours in Kyrgyzstan inside towns and villages, it is allowed to drive from 40 to 60 km/h. The maximum speed between villages 90 km/h. Drivers must follow road rules and drive with headlights being outside of towns and villages, even in daytime.
- If you had a car accident, you must instantly inform the representatives and follow all their instructions. The next step you have to do is call the police and ask for the name, address and phone numbers of other people or witnesses that were involved at that time.
- When you return a car it should have the same quantity of petrol at the time of departure, otherwise, you will have pay for petrol in accordance with the contract.
We hope that the following rules will help you to enjoy your tour in Kyrgyzstan. Our company has many cars for rent according to interesting tours in Kyrgyzstan, that will help you to achieve your dreams! Our tours are considered to be the most convenient travel opportunities in Kyrgyzstan. We are glad to see you here and offer you the best tour in Kyrgyzstan! Take a chance and travel in Kyrgyzstan! Our company the best travel company in Kyrgyzstan! If you have questions, you can contact our managers!
The travellers can click the link below and be involved in breathtaking Kyrgyzstan tour: